Dreary winter weather may have you wishing that you were somewhere that wasn’t so dismal and gray. So, make plans now to take a weekend winter getaway! What could be better than leaving the office a little early on Friday, packing your bags, and breathing in the crisp mountain air by dinner?
Winter isn’t a typical time people think about taking a weekend getaway, but why not? There is no better way to beat the winter blues than to head to the Central Oregon mountains and drink in the sunshine and winter beauty.
The best part is, it doesn’t take a lot of time or money to plan and execute. Your weekend winter getaway is as simple as booking a vacation home, loading the car with essentials, and driving off into the sunset. It’s an easy drive there and back, and come Monday morning, you’ll feel rested and refreshed.
Bend and Sunriver are just a hop, skip, and a jump away from big cities like Portland, where it’s only a three-and-a-half-hour drive. Central Oregon is known for its sunny days all year long, a welcome break from the overcast.
A trip to Central Oregon is what you make it. Want some adventure on your weekend winter road trip? Stay with Cascara Vacation Rentals and check out the countless activities:
- Skiing. The Central Oregon area boasts four awesome mountains where you can hit the slopes. For details, check out our blog post, “Central Oregon Skiing: The Resorts You Have to Experience” and our spring event Brew-Ski.
- Snowshoeing. Whether you’re a newbie or experienced, you have many options for snowshoeing in Central Oregon. No need to bring your own gear, you can rent it. Check out your snowshoeing options here. You can even snowshoe by day or moonlight with Wanderlust tours (and receive discounts when you stay with us)!
- Sled Dog Rides. Add this to your bucket list and then cross it off this weekend! If you’ve never been on a sled dog ride, now is your chance. For more info on sled dog rides, click here.
- Snowmobiling. Around here, snowmobiling is king. There’s nothing quite like driving through the beautiful white snow, reaching places most won’t ever see. You can rent snowmobiles and do the trails on your own, or take a tour and leave all your worries behind. Get more information here and get 10% off snowmobile rentals as a Cascara guest.
- Hiking. Hiking in the stillness of winter is a cool change from the typical summer hike. If you’d rather not strap yourself into skis or snowshoes but still want to experience Central Oregon nature, this may be the perfect activity for you. Read more about winter hiking in Bend here. There are even some snow-free options.
If you’d rather relax and slow the pace, you can walk around the beautiful shops in Sunriver and sit down for a nice meal at one of the area’s many restaurants (don’t forget to ask us about dining discounts)! Or, you can just sit back and relax in your cozy vacation home and bask in the beauty that surrounds you.
A Cascara vacation rental home makes the trip extra special, with ammenities like hot tubs and fireplaces to soothe your body and soul. Curl up with a blanket, a book, and some wine, and get the rest you need.
Remember, you don’t have to wait until summer to enjoy time off. Change things up and make the most of your weekend now. Who knows? Maybe winter will become your new favorite time to get away and enjoy winter.